Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Model: HP Gaming Pavilion 15' ec2010np

I got a HP laptop that didn't come with Windows preinstalled, so no HP recovery partition is existent This HP laptop 100% surely support TPM 2.0, however it doesn't activate despite being enabled in BIOS or at least it's not being detected by Windows.

Problem is that I believe that Windows Update has updated my BIOS to a version it shouldn't be at as the HP website states latest is F25.A and yet I am on F26.A, I've then tried using their installer but to no avail, as the update refuses to be installed due to being an older version.

I've tried instead using a USB Recovery made with their BIOS executable, but to no avail either, the USB was properly created I believe, however when trying to use the files it complains it can't open signature file, I've confirmed the .sig file is present which has left me confused.

I've also tried going into Win + B to launch BIOS recovery, which says it's not restorable due to missing or corrupt files.

Furthermore I've gone into the BIOS setup menus and there's no recovery options in the diagnostic tools as stated in their countless forums posts, I cannot install or flash an older version of the BIOS and it is quite annoying because I need TPM 2.0 enabled in the OS.

I've unplugged the laptop's battery in order to reset CMOS, which it did, but also with no real result to be shown.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Windows Update can not update the BIOS.

Updating BIOS would take either a file downloaded  and installed by yourself, with you giving it express permission to proceed at least twice or HP Support Assistant with your express permission.

BIOS designations do not necessarily show how recent they are. That is an unfortunate fact, but truth indeed.

From the specifications your laptop does have : Trusted Platform Module (fTPM) 2.0, firmware based

What OS are you trying to install?

If you enter the BIOS and enable the fTPM 2.0, when you finish you must press F10 and then  select "exit and save the changes".

Otherwise it will not be enabled.

It is not possible to flash a previous version of the BIOS.

In order to install a previous version, you would have to use a hot air station to  remove the BIOS chip and replace it with a new BIOS chip that is preprogrammed with an older version of the appropriate BIOS.

AvailableBIOSVersions.png

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.