Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 p035tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently I wish to upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion 15 p035tx wireless card to AC but I not sure which wireless card should I buy. Any one can help? Currently my wireless adapter is Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that the Broadcom wifi card your notebook has, is of the Half Mini Card (HMC) format, when you google the part number.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=J2C75PA

In order to upgrade to a dual band wifi adapter, your notebook must have two antennas connected to the wifi card in there now.

So, the first thing you need to do is to confirm that there are two antennas connected to the card in there now.

I do not recommend that you rely on the illustration in the service manual to perform this check.

On some of the newer model notebooks, HP only includes one antenna on models with single band wifi adapters.

If your notebook has two antennas connected to the Broadcom wifi card, then you can install this model AC wifi adapter.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0            HP Part #710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that the Broadcom wifi card your notebook has, is of the Half Mini Card (HMC) format, when you google the part number.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=J2C75PA

In order to upgrade to a dual band wifi adapter, your notebook must have two antennas connected to the wifi card in there now.

So, the first thing you need to do is to confirm that there are two antennas connected to the card in there now.

I do not recommend that you rely on the illustration in the service manual to perform this check.

On some of the newer model notebooks, HP only includes one antenna on models with single band wifi adapters.

If your notebook has two antennas connected to the Broadcom wifi card, then you can install this model AC wifi adapter.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0            HP Part #710661-001

The card is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

wireless card.jpg

this is my wireless card, I guess it is one antenna?

By the way, where to get my HP part number?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You won't be able to upgrade the wifi adapter unless you are willing to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area, to properly run a second antenna.

The part number is on the wifi card.  You can see it in your screen shot.

I would recommend you just purchase an external USB AC wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I would buy a USB AC wifi adapter instead 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.