Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc014nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

These days I use the PC at home (HP Pavilion 15-bc014nl) and I decided to connect it to an external monitor, with many peripherals, such as external hard drives and other things, in practice I turned my notebook into a desktop computer, I ask you to connect all the time the pc at the current, with a constant battery charge, over time can degrade or decrease the performance, unfortunately the battery is not removable. If this behavior creates damage to the battery, how can I solve it?

Also I have another question, I bought an usb 3.0 hub of anker, but since I have to connect more external hard drives, I had to connect an external USB power supply (This hub has the possibility to be powered externally), according to you the current released from the external USB power supply, can it enter the notebook and ruin some of its components?
I thank you in advance for the time you spend reading my question and giving me an answer.
I await a reply with anxiety

Regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since you can't remove the battery, what I suggest you do in your situation is every two weeks, run the notebook off the battery, and let it get down to the low battery warning.

Then plug the notebook back in, and repeat this process.

As far as anything plugged into the PC...I would plug any electically powerd components including the power adapter into a surge protector power strip to minimize the chance of a power surge damaging the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.