Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the storage by using   2TB m.2 SSD SATA brand Western Digital (  WDS200T2B0B) as below link

WD Blue™ SATA SSD M.2 2280 PC Hard Drive | Western Digitalhow 

but my notebook can not be detected the 2TB SATA SSD . the windows show only the SSD primary slot

please help me as below 

1. how can I set up my notebook to use with this 2TB SATA SSD ?

2. if can not use this 2TB SATA SSD . what is the SSD that this notebook support ( Max Size , PCIe 3 or 4  ) ?

Thank you for your help

Jit_Jat_0-1670424989073.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only supports M.2 NVMe SSD's.

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the supported drive types.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Exchange the SATA drive for this model:

Amazon.com: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN570 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only supports M.2 NVMe SSD's.

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the supported drive types.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Exchange the SATA drive for this model:

Amazon.com: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN570 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen3 x4 PCIe 8Gb...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your kindly answer .

I have one more question .

is this notebook support SSD gen 4 ?  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your notebook's M.2 slot is PCIe Gen 3, so while a Gen 4 NVMe SSD would work, it would only run at the max speed a Gen 3 slot can produce which is 3,500 MBPS.

Notebook processors are integral parts of the motherboard, so any time you want to look up the PCIe generation specs, you can get that info from the AMD or Intel website processor specs.

Under the Connectivity specification, you will see the PCIe Gen 3.0 spec.

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H | AMD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.