Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cp0011dx

Hello! I accidentally slammed my beloved HP Envy in a coffee table and the top half is destroyed (screen is busted and the back cover is dented). I ordered a replacement screen and was able to get it mostly put back together but realized that I am in need of some sort of frame to go around the replacement screen in order for it to fit in the existing back cover. I tried looking this up but can't figure it out - can anyone help with what it is that I need exactly? Took it to a PC Repair shop and they weren't helpful - just said that a frame-like piece was missing. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@myelkay The parts you need are a part of the display assembly and here's the part numbers that should help replace these parts: L23792-001 / L25821-001

Check the below image for more details, also check out the HP service and maintenance guide by clicking here and visiting page. 47 - 49 of Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have done a lot of laptop screen replacements and I am not getting a mental image of what you have already installed and what your project looks like. You bought the screen, right? Is the touch feature working? HP generally does not sell sub-assemblies for the screens on this model but if you just need the plastic frame or some specific part it can likely be found. Just let us know exactly what you already have and what you think you still need. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, Huffer! I ordered the newly recommended parts and will reach out if I have challenges putting these together. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.