Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G62-222US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have an HP that just went completely dead a bit prematurely.  

MODEL: G62-222US  (AMD, 8GB max RAM)

PRODUCT: WQ847UA#ABA

The symptoms are black screen, no POST, fan is spinning; the caps lock LED is flashing once per unit time and steady orange light LED is on on WIFI.  After some searching on the internet it looks like this is a very common failure in HPs of this model (overheating and soldering)

I feel the path of least resistance is to just replace entire motherboard.  However, I can't figure out which motherboard part number I need to get.  Anyone can help?

1)  I looked though  the manual and it looks like it might be 592808-001.  592808-001 does not look like exactly like mine though.  

2)  The HP parts finder says I should get 592809-001.  However, this board has a card reader and a modem.  My laptop has card reader, but does NOT have a modem (and its jack open)

3)  To complicate things further, the manual says that 4GB RAM modules are only suitable for models 1.1 and 1.2.  I have two 4gb ram modules and this would imply my motherboard version is 1.1 or 1.2.    However motherboards above in items 1) and 2) are not versions 1.1 or 1.2.  

Anyone can give a hand with navigating through what appears to be a contradictory information?  

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@newbie123321 wrote:

But that board 592809-001  comes with a modem and my laptop does not have a modem per its spec...
the modem's jack is not even open on my laptop...  Will it still fit?  

Hi

592809-001 is the right number

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=WQ847UA

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@newbie123321

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

But that board 592809-001  comes with a modem and my laptop does not have a modem per its spec...

HP Recommended

Just for information, you can visit Belarc Advisor and download their free app. It will take a few minutes, but their report on your computer is comprehensive, and includes part/serial numbers, product keys, etc. I found it to be an excellent toolto keep up with my computers. Doesn't solve problems, but does give you complete data about your computer, sotware, etc.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

@newbie123321 wrote:

Hi

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks so much!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.