Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

 which is the hard drive plz so I can destroy laptop taken to bits. I think it's bottom one but not sure, did clear it before removing I think so plan to drill holes in it.

1000008010.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It would be more helpful if you identified the laptop that the parts come from.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry not done this be4. 

It's a model 14-cm0507sa jope that helps.

HP Recommended

No worries 👍

The 14-cm0507sa laptop does not have a hard disk, per se.

It has a group of eMMC memory chips that are grouped together on the system board, that are used as a storage solution.

If you smack the system board with a hammer where you see a group of identical chips, that will take care of the "hard disk" forever. 

Do a lizzy Borden on it. 

That will be serious deletion and data erasure.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Tracy591965 

Here's an eBay listing with a picture of the part number for the 64 GB eMMC drive your notebook came with.

Genuine HP 14-CM eMMC Board Module 64GB L23398-001 | eBay

Looks the same as the bottom device in your screenshot.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen 

Good catch!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.