Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP notebook g9

Will dolgix 4gb ddr3 ram work with my HP notebook. G9

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You will have to specify the model number of the laptop and the exact memory modules you want to use. In theory, dolgix modules of the correct speed, density and latency should work, but your inquiry is much too general. 

HP Recommended

There is a change in ram now I am getting hynix 1060/1333 4gb ddr3 (HMT351SCFR8C-H9 Pc3 10600S) my laptops build number is 22000 let me know if it work as soon as possible

HP Recommended

Build number does not help I need a model number. I approve of the choice to use Hynix but let's be sure its the right Hynix. Here is some info on how to find the model number

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to-find-hp-laptop-model-number

HP Recommended

I can't seem to find model number but I got the model it is HP 225 15.6 inch G9 notebook does it help??

HP Recommended

You mean HP 255 G9? If so, that model series uses DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM. So the memory you propose to use is too slow. Max capacity is 32 gigs for the AMD Ryzen versions and 8 gb for Intel Pentium or Celeron models which use DDR4-3200 modules but will "bridge" (downclock) to -2933 speed.  

HP Recommended

I can't afford ddr4 right now .Will ddr3 not work in this laptop??

HP Recommended

It will not fit in the memory slot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.