Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
da-2019tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop knowing that it came a bit bare but figured like most laptops it has upgradability. I cracked it open to even confirm this and I can tell it does since it has a 7+6 pin SATA ODD connector as well as a spot for an 2.5" SSD except that the SSD board is missing the 7+15 pin SATA connector. I found these parts online that visually matched, and wondered that if I whack them in will I get DVD drive and 2.5" SSD drive capabilities?

L20391-001
SPS-BASE ENCLOSURE NSV

L20454-001
SPS-HDD BOARD

L20456-001
SPS-HDD/SSD CABLE

L20455-001
SPS-HDD BRACKET

L20476-001
SPS-SCREW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I received every part besides the bottom enclosure. They worked after some trial and error. For anyone reading in the future, once you have installed a 2.5 inch drive and put your laptop back together, you have to make sure to reset BIOS and CMOS otherwise your laptop won't turn on. Once you have done that, your driveless laptop will now have a drive and will work perfectly! 😁

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

@mintyheals, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Find below the parts tested on your PC-

Storage( M.2 solid-state drive ) 

512 GB, PCIe, TLC

512 GB, PCIe, value

256 GB, PCIe, value

128 GB, SATA-3, TLC

Refer to the document http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06510442 for additional help.

The ones you mentioned may or may not work as they are not the ones listed on the service guide. Although you can upgrade at your own discretion, my personal opinion would be to refer to a local tech store for assistance.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received every part besides the bottom enclosure. They worked after some trial and error. For anyone reading in the future, once you have installed a 2.5 inch drive and put your laptop back together, you have to make sure to reset BIOS and CMOS otherwise your laptop won't turn on. Once you have done that, your driveless laptop will now have a drive and will work perfectly! 😁

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.