Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d007na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently performed a Windows 10 64 CLEAN installation on my HP Stream Notebook 11-d007na, with no HP software installed. Needless to say, I had many missing driver issues all of which I have solved apart from one.

The MousePad did not work during any of the setup process. I managed to get a USB mouse, get on to the HP website and download the MousePad driver for my laptop, which seemed to work fine. It installed and I was able to use the mouse.

I soon realised however that two finger scrolling was not working and when I go to the Mouse Properties, there is no Synaptics tab to enable the selection for that feature. I went to the Synaptics website and tried to install the driver directly from there, but that installation keeps failing.

So my question is, how do I get the Synaptics tab back on Mouse Properties so that I can enable 2 finger scrolling? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @richard24 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 11-d007na Notebook and the Synaptics TouchPad not working correctly. Here is a link to your Synaptics TouchPad driver for Windows 10.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix the problem.

Here is a document that shows how to update drivers that are not working correctly with Windows 10.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I too did an upgrade to Windows 10. Brand new HP stream 11, I kept no files or programs when I upgraded. When the computer started up after the upgrade, the touchpad mouse was completely unresponsive. I downloaded and installed the driver with the link you provided, restarted the computer, and it's still completely unresponsive. What should I try next to get the mouse pad working?

HP Recommended

Hey @The_Adam,

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have an HP 11-D010WM laptop, having same issues when I installked  Windows 10. Mousepad just isnt there.

Bios isnt an issue, it shows up in bios, and passes the Mouse test.

Problem is NOT reinstalling or updating, or in restoring, or updating bios

HP Recommended

Hey Guys, had this same issue. found a solution here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/358363-hp-stream-11-under-windows-...

looks like HP havent mentioned anywhere that the synaptics driver requires the serial IO driver to be installed first for windows to recognise the touchpad hardware

hope this helps, took me 2 days off and on to find the answer 🙂

Cheers.

David

HP Recommended

I may have a solution.

I reinstalled Windows 10 and could not use the touchpad afterwards. The device was not showing in Device Manager.

From the HP Support pages:

• Reinstalled the I.O driver
  • Reinstalled Synaptics Driver

In Device Manager

• Under System Devices, disabled a SMBus
  • Rebooted

Touchpad was alive again, including the Syanptics panel in Mouse Settings.

Device Manager now shows a Synaptics device under Human Interface Devices "Synaptic HID Device" and under Mice and Pointers "Synaptics HID TouchPad"

So if you've lost conrtol, I would check to see if theres a device/driver somewhere in Device Manager that's using your touchpad that shouldn't be. Mine was a SMBus under system devices, that after disabling and rebooting, allowed my Synaptics TouchPad to show.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much i have registered with this forum just to say this worked perfectly thank you !!! was pulling what hair i have left out my head awesome

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.