Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop 13t-aq000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sorry for posting this here, but I am having an absolute headache trying to figure out how to contact HP about this, and want to make sure I'm correct here anyways.

I got a laptop (HP Envy Laptop 13t-aq000) almost 2 years ago and ordered it to come installed with an NVidia MX250. When I received it, it came had an NVidia sticker on it, but I couldn't see any other indication that it was there. I wrote this off as me having little experience and just trusted that it was there. About a year ago I had an issue with my laptop's hinges and had it sent it. They fixed it, extended my warranty for a bit, and sent it back (strangely when I got it back the NVidia sticker was gone). Recently, after a long time of growing uncertainty, I found that a game listed my graphics as 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620' and I'm basically certain that they installed the incorrect graphics card onto my laptop. Normally I wouldn't even bother since my warranty expired about a year ago, but I'm quite annoyed that I didn't get what I payed for and want to see if at least something can be done about it. Therefore:

1) is it possible that the correct graphics card is installed, and I am just misunderstanding/incredibly dumb?

2) would anyone know how to contact HP about this? I tried looking through their contact HP page but didn't find it any help.

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it. This whole ordeal has been a headache and I'm kicking myself for not realizing sooner.

EDIT: According to the box it came in, my laptop is product # 5PC43AV, but the documentation I received about the order shows that I ordered product # 6VC06AV. Not sure if this difference is actually significant, but perhaps it's relevant.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MrBigGuy 

We need to know what is your machine ? HP Envy-13t id not a model/product. Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

For security reason, please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n) on Internet.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

According to the box it came in, it's an HP ENVY Laptop 13t-aq000, product # 5PC43AV. The documentation I received about the order shows that I ordered product #6VC06AV though.

HP Recommended

@MrBigGuy 

It is a CTO machine. The one in the box does have MX250 2GB i7-8565U 8GB WIN as shown:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5PC43AV

You selected more hardware therefore your order did not count

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=6VC06AV

Please check Device Manager, what do you have now ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

According to system information, I have product # 5PC43AV. Unfortunately I'm a bit confused as to what I should look for in device manager. 'Processors' lists 8 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz' and 'Display adapters' lists 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620'. Is there something else I should check? Sorry for not fully understanding.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Both the product numbers you provided are for the 13t-aq000 CTO

CTO meaning it is customer configurable at purchase.

You can check in device manager if you have the NVIDIA graphics card (right click on start and click on device manager).

It is not possible to add a video card as it is integrated on motherboard, so, the motherboard would need to be replaced.

When purchasing, the receipt should mention the specifications of the laptop since it is a CTO machine. Is there any mention of the video card?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I've checked device manager and system information, all list 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620' but I couldn't find a single mention of an NVIDIA card. The receipt lists a part containing '...MX2502GBi7-8565U...' in it's name, so I'm certain I did order/pay for an MX250 (sorry for not mentioning this earlier). I can confirm my computer has an i7-8565U, if that matters.

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to install the nvidia driver?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-13-aq0000-laptop-pc-series/260848...

It is difficult to contact anyone once the laptop is out of warranty. 

I shall flag the post and see if any one can help you to at least contact someone.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

When I tried installing the driver, it gave me an error saying 'The driver is not supported in this OS version (10.0.19043)', and the OS version the driver was listed to work for was v1909. I tried the same drivers for v1903 and v1809 (they didn't have my exact version); v1903 gave the same error and v1809 didn't give an error but just closed without saying anything (it could have installed, but I couldn't find any indication. v1809 also seems like the farthest version for my OS, so I would find it weird if it actually worked). Since it says the OS version is causing issues, I'm not sure if the drivers not working is an indication of the card being there or not.

Also, thank you for flagging the post and helping me figure out the if the card is there. I really appreciate it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.