Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9Y1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Good day.

I appreciate if you can help me, my PC has a very annoying fan noise. For example, when I download a program it always sounds harsh. And while I'm working on it it makes a sound, I think it's from the fan.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yurley,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your laptop's fan might be working harder than it should be, possibly due to dust buildup or inefficient cooling. Here are some steps you can take to address the issue.

• Clean the Fan: Dust and debris can accumulate over time and cause the fan to work harder. You can use compressed air to carefully blow out any dust that may have accumulated around the fan vents. Make sure to do this while the laptop is powered off.
  • Check for Obstructions: Sometimes, objects can obstruct the fan's blades, causing it to make noise. Make sure there are no obstructions blocking the fan's movement.
  • Update Drivers and BIOS: Occasionally, outdated drivers or BIOS firmware can cause the fan to malfunction. Check HP's support website for any available updates for your laptop's drivers and BIOS.
  • Adjust Power Settings: Your laptop's power settings may be configured to prioritize performance over noise. You can try adjusting the power settings to see if it makes a difference. Look for power management settings that control the fan speed.
  • Use a Cooling Pad: Using a cooling pad underneath your laptop can help improve airflow and keep the temperature down, which might reduce the fan noise.
  • Monitor Temperature: Install software to monitor your laptop's temperature. 

By taking these steps, you should be able to reduce or eliminate the annoying fan noise coming from your HP laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.