Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion 15-cs2096tx and the battery bloated last year 2021 and i removed it in September. I've been using it on A/C adapter and whenever i turn it on it get a message that there's a cmos reset and i press enter and it turns off for a few seconds and then turns on again and boots into windows. It stayed that way until this year ,January 2022, whenever I plug it in after leaving it unplugged for hours, the fans are on full speed on boot even on the cmos reset screen and i have to force shut down and unplug and plug it in again and repeat the process of unplugging and plugging it in  till the fans becomes Normal. I have to repeat it once or twice or thrice. I have done a few experimentations and found out that when the fans become normal and it boots to windows and i shut it down and leave it unplugged for a few minutes and plug it in again and turn it on, the fans are still normal; it seems that leaving it unplugged affects the fans. When the fans were misbehaving and i force shut down and turn it on again, without unplugging and plugging it in,  they would still misbehave. I just want the fans to be Normal everytime i turn it on.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your BIOS can't save the settings since it has no power from the battery. It will go to default settings every time you remove the charger or shut it down. There may be a setting in BIOS that fan is on when plugged in, not sure on your model.

Get a battery, install it and go into BIOS make your changes and save them. Should act normally then.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Im curious as to why it didn't happen for 3 months.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.