Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP stream 11 pro g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

Some keys are not working at all ("at" symbol, iin example) or capital letters like 'I' (but this one works if I press 'caps lock'). sometimes a key works if I press the shift on the right side but not on the left side. All of them work normally including number 2 if I am not using 'caps lock' or shift. Tested with an external keyboard, same results. 

I ran a hardware test and it found nothing, also did the hard reset (although I kept my usb mouse on. Should I do it again? Also can I really remove "keyboard" as indicated in the troubleshooting (device manager-show hidden devices- keyboard- delete and then turn the laptop off and on again?

Thank you all- keep happy and healthy 🐵

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The notebook keyboard driver can be downloaded again.
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding! 

I will try that, have never done before and little afraid to do it. Wish me luck! 🐵

HP Recommended

I have found the faulty keys are both the SHIFT keys. in example to write "shift" right now the capital letter just worked with caps lock on, i got only the H using shift key. Does anyone know this issue? It's driving me crazy!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.