Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
probook 6455b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have a very old computer, hp probook 6455b. Recently I bought a cheap third party battery from ebay. After I inserted the battery, it only charge it to 80%. Once the capacity dropped below 80%, like 67%, it will charge, only to 80%.

I have tried to reset the clock battery, turn off computer, take out battery, push and hold power for ~1 minute, insert battery and reconnect the power cord. It did not help.

After reading through the web, I realized that somewhere there is a software, like in Dell, there is one, like BatteryExtender, which you may set to charge the battery to 80% or 100%, usually set it to 80%, try to extend the battery. My problem is, I looked everywhere, and could not find that piece of software in HP.

I also went to HP website, downloaded the Diagnose program, did a battery check, but it return an result of "Cancel", I guess because it is a cheap third party battery, the Diagnose program did not recognize it.

Any help out there? I am ok with 80%, but just annoying.

Thanks.

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi.

After updating the bios of May 4, 2011, the battery is charging  beyond 80%.

Dan

HP Recommended

well, not that fast, after flashed bios with May 4, 2011, it charged beyond 80%, only stopped at 82%. I then updated the bios of Nov 30, 2015, the computer charged the battery a little, stopped at 83%.

I still need someone to help, I want to charge the battery to 100%.

Thanks.

Dan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.