Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0058wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i use this laptop as a rendering rig. its been fine. decent speed. no complains.
but i want the fans to go full 100%. I know this laptop can do that because when updating the bios it goes to 100 and sounds like a vacuum cleaner. but when rendering its quiet and cpu clocks 2.9. it can go to 3.9 but it wont. temps are too high.

i just want to know why I cant have a direct control on the fan and set it higher to not damage my cpu over time

if there is a way let me know please.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@soltinator 

No, I believe HP is working on that one main reason: what is the limit, how to stop users to overdone.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

but at what cost?

100% load on a overheated cpu at 99 Celsius waiting to catch on fire
or the joy of knowing that a user is out there watching a thermal throttling laptop and considering on to never buy from hp again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.