Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
laptop DK-1089AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

scissor link clip on one key broken. Stuck key

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@sasha_2

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook keyboard keys are damaged. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo_Lake.

I shall follow up and let you know the results

Sasha 2

HP Recommended

@sasha_2

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.  

Have a nice day ahead. 
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake

Well, try as I might, I've not been able to source a replacement scissor link for my curser control key.

The nearest solution I can find is to replace the complete keyboard at a cost of $155.

This I am not prepared to do.

Surely I must be able to find a replacement part somewhere, but it's proving to be very difficult indeed.

Regards

sasha 2

HP Recommended

@sasha_2

Thank you for posting back.

That must be hard. 

As you've mentioned, the complete keyboard needs to be replaced for the permeant fix.  I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Having exhausted all American avenues of resolution, I shall now attempt to find a replacement scissor link through the Australian HP subsidiary.  There are spare parts websites for these HP keyboard components in America, but  unfortunately I can't replicate the scissor link for my model.

I shall keep on trying.

Regards

Peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.