Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
omen 17 cb0080nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to know if i can install this ssd into my omen17 laptop "

Force Series™ MP510 960GB M.2 SSD"  as an additional ssd

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

As i see there is only one M.2 slot in your Notebook. You have to remove installed ssd then insert a new one. You can add 2.5 inch ssd instead of M.2.

HP Recommended
theres 2 nvme slots not 1
HP Recommended

Then you can add another. You can have both ssd's but with different read and write speeds.

HP Recommended

u mean that i shouldnt buy a 3500 / 3000 ssd ? it wont work perfect ?

HP Recommended

You can go for force series if you want it. Higher r/rw speed ssd's  work with low r/rw speed ssd's. Example- Adding 960gb force series 3480mb/s ssd with 512gb crucial ssd 520mb/s( works perfectly but both have different r/rw speeds).

Your system has 512gb ssd and you can add force series ssd without a problem. you have a high speed 512gb pcie nvme installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.