Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

stupid program Thermal controls on the Spectre -in performance mode it over heats in seconds and fan

Spectre 360 Gem cuts df0XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop -very expensive I must add the top of the line Gem Cuts 15 i7 8565U runs so hot it suts down ofter Dec 2019 updates.

Finally I have found I can get it working by having it on Comfort Mode in the Thermal Profile, which I must say is the stupidist program as when you select comfort it seems to come on -not much method to the madness regarding heat but never mind at least it is not crashing every 2 minutes... But if you choose Performance or HP Recommended it does no use the fan at all and the heat just shoots up to 100C and it crashes -NO FAN GOING WHILE IT DOES#@$&#

Comfort has the fan going at 40C to 48 and very little work or no load?

Who writes this sort of dumb program - especially on such an expensive laptop...

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation