Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My laptop is hp pavilion x360. The touchpad driver for win11 23h2 64 bit is not available. thus it stopped working. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HI @john1153,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand that you're having touchpad issues right now and I'd be more than happy to help you today.

Prior to the issue, is there any recent changes on your PC? 

Let's try to rollback your touchpad driver and check if it will make any difference.

1. Open run box by pressing Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc then hit enter
2. Locate and expand Mice and other pointing devices
3. Right-click HID-compliant mouse and select Update driver
4. Select Browse my computer for drivers
5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
6. Select any older driver from the list and click next
7. Wait for the process to complete, once completed, restart your computer and check if it resolves your issue.

If in case the issue still persist, please perform System Restore.

System Restore

- System restore is where it will take your computer settings back to an earlier point in time where everything is working fine.

1. Open the run box by pressing Windows Key + R and type rstrui.exe then press enter.
2. System restore windows will open. Normally it will suggest a restore point(Sometimes it doesn't), if it does, select the 2nd option to select more restore points.
3. Select your desired restore point date and time.
4. Once selected, hit next and finish.

Windows will restart itself to start system restore. System restore might take some time to complete and it is very important that system restore must not be interrupted during restore process as it might damaged the operating system. System restore will take at least 20 minutes or more depending on the content of the computer and the changes on the settings that was done prior to the date selected. System restore will also removed application , updates and drivers installed prior to the date selected.

DISCLAIMER:
System Restore is a recovery tool for Windows that allows you to reverse certain kinds of changes made to the operating system. System Restore is used to return important Windows files and settings—like drivers, registry keys, system files, installed programs, and more—back to previous versions and settings. Being said all applications and changes made prior to the date selected will be removed and needs to be re-installed if its needed.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 
HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel571,

Thanks for replying. I was having trouble logging back into my account, so I'm using my sister's account. There haven't been any recent changes on my PC prior to the issue. I tried to rollback the touch driver, however it appears that I'm unable to do that. Doing the system restoration isn't ideal for me as I have a lot of important files on my computer. Is there another alternative to fix this issue?

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-01-11 075908.png

HP Recommended

Hi @TheNormalG,

Thank you for posting your query, I understand your concern.

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 
HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you had any luck locating a working driver or has anyone done a successful rollback? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.