Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I used tbe media creation tool for other computer and it still goes to the same blue screen. The files and folders are on a dvd iso and burned they are:

Boot

Efi

Sources

Support

Autorun

Bootmgr

Bootmgr.efi

Setup

"Method 1: Rebuild BCD (Boot Configuration Data)
Method 2: Run Startup Repair
Method 3: Run CHKDSK command
Method 4: Run SFC scan
Method 5: Update device drivers
Method 6: Reinstall Windows"

I cant do any of that since it wont boot at all. No matter if its a usb stick or dvd after choosing the boot order it still goes to blue screen.

:

HP Recommended

Blue screen means: You do not boot from your DVD!

So check the BIOS boot options!

HP Recommended

As I have stateed that i have tried every boot option and boot order there is and it goes right to blue screen.  Now ive added a new nvme ssd and it finally got rid of the blue screen only for a black screen that. says boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk - (3FO)

Thats with the external dvd usb set to boot with windows 10.

HP Recommended

You always find a way that doesn't work! Some laptops do not support UEFI-Boot from CD-Rom.Try USB-Bootstick. 

Do you hear the DVD-Player when it starts? 

HP Recommended

**edit - win 10 now installing on new hard drive. It required that i boot from ESI? File on the usb dvd install disk.  Next I will run true image again to, hopefully, get all my files and programs back.

HP Recommended

Now my problem is True Image fails to replace the windows image and ends up going to blue screen again except this time I can boot from dvd. It wont let me fix windows. I tried every option so i have to reinstall every time.

HP Recommended

Do you run True Image from Windows? Did you verify/validate the image before you started the Recovery?

You started with this error message: Winload.exe. error: 0xc0000098

That means that your Image should be in Legacy Mode also.

And now you installed in UEFI.

That means that you have to switch your system to Legacy when the computer shuts down for Recovery. Or run the new installation in LEGACY.

Why don't you create a Recovery USB Stick and run True Image?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.