cancel
cviverito Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

163g in apple folder - no files show up?

HP Spectre x360 Convertable 13-ac0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to download updates etc due to insufficient memory.  The HD is pretty full.  One file in particular has 163g.  This is the apple folder, which shows empty when I access  it through settings.  How can i see the contents of this file?  My feeling is that it contains a large amount of media files that can be moved and removed from the HD.  

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
75729 75614 9265 19974
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cviverito 

>>>> One file in particular has 163g. This is the apple folder, which shows empty when I access it through settings

Did you know Windows has absolutely no support for the Mac hard disk file format (HFS+). This means that if you connect a Mac formatted drive to Windows, you’ll simply get a blank drive letter and a message asking to format the disk.

You can use different USB drive and format it as exFAT file format, which both Windows and Mac support, then use Apple machine to copy all files to that new USB drive before Windows can read.

Hope this makes sense

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
cviverito Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the feedback.   I did not know that apple files were not supported.  So the files pulled  from handheld devices or installed to support them will not be viewable on Pc?   Am I understanding you correctly?   

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation