Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-cd1014na pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok i have paid for extra support but there is no actual way to speak with a human being.

Please dont give me a automated response either please with a load of stupid tips.

Laptop randomly just freezes and have to hold power button to restart.

I have run many uefi diagnostics and done full windows re installs and repairs

some days it will only do this once and other days it will do this several times a hour.

Does not matter what i am doing can be using vlc player or web browser or doing documents or looking at photos.

One thing i will add if i boot from a ubuntu usb it works fine and does not crash, which tells me its memory or ssd?

when you do a restart the keyboard lights have to be turned back on again maybe this is a clue and also when it freezes it can be at any random moment, if there is sound it just stutters that sound till shut down.

I have worked on computers daily building and maintaining them since around 1983 so i know what am doing

can you just send me a new one please this is not a os issue, fault started about 4 weeks ago and up to then was fine.

As i say there is no actual way to communicate with a human being and this is the only computer i have bought new ever always had used ones before in nearly 40 years.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@phillmobile

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon in the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.