Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook
Chrome OS

Can anyone help?  When I initially set up my chromebook the 2 step verification worked fine, sending a text to my mobile to authorise log in.  However it has since initial set up stopped requesting the 2 step.  I have tried powerwashing, tried clearing the rememberd devices, even though it was not on the list.  I really need the 2 step verification to work every time I sign in to my Chromebook.

Anyone come up with any idea's to help with this please?   

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Was yours ever resolved?

HP Recommended

You need to go the settings page and make the necessary adjustments for each of your Chrome devices.

Here's where you go.

Otherwise go to:
HP Recommended

Hi. No it still isn't resolved and I've almost resigned myself to it not ever working 🙄

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the advice, however when I go through that set up it doesn't give the option to change settings for individual devices only recording the 2nd step on my phone which is what I wanted. My chrome book still doesn't ask for 2nd step! 

HP Recommended

This ultimately fixed my two factor login to stay in effect.......

Settings

People

Manage other people

Shut off:  Show usernames and photos on the sign-in screen

Not sure why it fixed the two factor problem, but it did.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Google will send a secure notification to your phone as your second factor during 2-Step Verification. So make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account on an Android phone or iPhone.

You can also try to revoke all devices you trusted, and then see if the verification works for your Chromebook.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/2544838?hl=en&ref_topic=2954345&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDeskt...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.