Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17-by4000 Product number: 3Y054UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Laptop PC 17-by4000

Product number: 3Y054UA#ABA

My recovery partition isn't accessible anymore.

When I use HP Cloud Recovery it finds my Product Number correctly but it  says Win 11 Home(S).

My computer came with Win 10 Home(S)

1. When I use this Recovery drive will it restore with Win 11 Home(S)?

2 Will it recreate my recovery partition?

2 If I use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool do I have to pick, or find, a version of Win 10 Home(s)? Can I use the regular Win 10 Home to install?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately that I would not know, unless it means the cloud recovery tool will install W11 Home in S mode and not W10.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The recovery drive created by the cloud recovery tool should reinstall W10-Home S.

No one here would be able to tell you if the tool will also restore the recovery partition.

That is because on some models it does, and on some, it doesn't.  Go figure.

I have used the Cloud recovery tool to restore an HP 255 G7 notebook, and no recovery partition was created.

If you want to use the Media creation tool to reinstall W10, it shouldn't even ask you for what version of W10 you want to install.

It will install the full version of W10 Home, not S.

HP Recommended

Thank you. One last question

Is there any reason it reports my OS as Win 11 Home(S)? The wim files are dated 9-1-21

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately that I would not know, unless it means the cloud recovery tool will install W11 Home in S mode and not W10.

HP Recommended

So you know for future reference. It looks like The HP Cloud Recovery now restores with Win 11.  Unfortunate.  Many people have no interest in Win 11.  I'm one of them.  I guess Microsoft is paying them to force it.

These are the files located in the root directory of the HP Recovery USB

info.PNGdism.PNG

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

I guess you will have to use the Media creation tool and install the full version of W10 Home.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.