Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
10-6-16, HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A message from MS says that I must upgrade BIOS for HP computer before upgrade to windows 10, and that updates cannot be installed until I do so. I already have windows 10. I want know if this upgrade of my BIOS is necessary as I already have windows 10, and have installed updates about a week ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes.. Bios is very important. It will make your computer faster as well. It fixes all major problems as well. Make sure to download the BIOS directly from hp website though.

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes.. Bios is very important. It will make your computer faster as well. It fixes all major problems as well. Make sure to download the BIOS directly from hp website though.

Regards,

ichi

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

You do not give us the model number but laptops made by all manufacturers which have the AMD A10-8700p processor need new BIOS Code or the latest version of Windows 10, called the Creator version Build 1703, will not install. Once the BIOS update is done it will install. The BIOS update is recommended even if you do not want the Creator version of Windows 10. Although it is not true that it makes the computer faster and fixes all problems. If only. 

HP Recommended

Hi - The virtual assistant is no help at all to my HP Bios problem. I have been trying to update windows 10 1803 for over 2 months with no result other than my HP Pavillion slimline s5-1110 getting totally messed up. Microsoft says it's a HP Bios issue. My model isn't compatible with the Bios necessary to update. Checked the HP list of Bios tested for win 10 1803. My system is not there. I asked virtual agent when HP is going to have the correct Bios available. NO ANSWER. 

HP Recommended

You accepted a solution here with some dubious information. BIOS does not make the computer faster nor does it fix all problems. Good grief. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Huffer,

Thank you for correcting me and I admit my fault. It won't fix all major issues and makes the computer fast. But you could've send me a pm instead of embarrasing me publicly. I could've posted back and edited my reply to the person instead.

It was a post back in 2017.. Why would you have to dig that far? Im new to these forums and trying to help as much as I can but if I said something wrong. You could've sent a message so I would know. I know I need to learn a lot more.

I still thank you for posting..

Regards,

ichi

HP Recommended

@ichi730

The response was to the most recent post, not by you. Keep working and post what you do know. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.