Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G6 2292NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After updating to windows 10 I've got one unkown device lingering about the device manager.

Instance path: ACPI\HPQ0004\3&2411E6FE&0

Device IDs:

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004
ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Ive searched high and low but nothing comes up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...The W8.1 version will work.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125640_1

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. However I upgraded to SSD. So how is it possible to have such situation ?

There is no HDD anymore so ... Is there a special hardware inside netbook ?

I have 4310SW DM-1 Pavillion

HP Recommended

Yes.

The sensor is not on the hard drive.

I manually installed the driver on my notebooks with SSD's, so that it didn't include the 3D driveguard software.

But you are correct...there are no drive heads to park in the event the notebook is bumped, so the device isn't necessary.

I just like a clean device manager and installing the driver will not harm the SSD.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon!!!

I have a notebook pavilion dm1, MODEL dm1 - 4010ss, and I´m trying to install windows 10.

I have the same problem you are taking about with ACPI\HPQ0004\3&2411e6fe&0.  I´ve downloaded the driver from the link you gave ....

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125640_1

.... and I execute it on windows 10 with compatibility mode for windows 8, and it doesn´t work. I don´t know if I do something wrong but I´m desperate for solving this problem with this drivers and others. I would like to  have windows 10 on my laptop.

Thank you very much for your time and help for advance.....

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try manually installing the driver as follows...

Go to the device manager and click on the Unknown Device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp64144.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.