Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavlon dv3-4150st
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

when i'm trying to create bios update flash from different pc , it's giving error /IHISI:Get support mode fail in SM!! + BIOS did not support InsydeFlash!/ then what should i do which program should i use?

note: Pavilion dv3 does not opening, stays on black screen

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @furkan1121 

Based on what you describe, I can conclude your PC is not turning on. Actually, the PC starts but you see a black screen.

Let us forget about the BIOS USB creation temporary.

What makes you think this is a BIOS issue ? Why do you want to update the BIOS for the black screen ?

Have you performed some changes or updates recently ?

There are many other reasons for the PC not to start.

Looking forward to your update/clarification

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

i tried many thing like changing  the ram ,format, trying to use low cpu usable programs but it crashing and showing blue screen . probably i saw something on blue screen like restarting screen .after that all restarting computer automaticly and showing me black screen. i tried the update bios and did it but seems it not worked, still crashing sometimes and i dont know what happening

(if i make any mistake please forgive me im from turkey and still learning english)

HP Recommended

i'm found new thing,i cant open normal laptop screen but when i'm connect another screen like monitor or television it'll open normally.if i'm update graphic card it'll crash and wont open, showing me same blue screen, but if i'm open in security mode and delete graphic driver it'll open normally but in 640x480 mode and wont change , colors will mix, in dxdiag it's saying my graphic card is vga graphic card 16 bit

HP Recommended

Thank you for your updates. So, this is definitely not a BIOS issue and we can forget about it. I would suggest you do not mess up with the BIOS anymore because this may cause further issues.

• If I understand correctly, you may sometimes turn on your PC/Windows starts but only in Safe Mode of Windows
    or in Normal mode but with an external monitor ? This is an indication for the graphics card driver issue

The blue screens are BSOD / Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). BSOD is kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (most often) or because of hardware issue (rarely).

Try "turning back time" by using System Restore in Windows

In Normal or Safe modes of Windows, please, perform "System Restore" first in an attempt to fix the issue. Please, restore back to previous days (restore point) where the issue was not present. Here is more info:

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Laptops On Amazon - https://amzn.to/3wboBVL HP Spectre x360 - https://amzn.to/3dCflTZ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF THIS HELPS YOU - IT HELPS ME :-) Here is a very quick video on how to enter the HP Boot Menu from a HP Laptop. Step 1 - Press the power on button. Step 2 - Quickly start pressing the ESC ...
HP Recommended

I tried format and system recovery but still same

As i said sir, when i delete graphic driver it's opened normally but colors mixed. If i re-install graphic driver, it'll give same blue screen and wont open.

I'll put a video link which can describe my error.
(By the way you can see the green dots on the screen,thats not my wallpaper.)

Please help me asap.

HP Recommended

Do you install the official drivers from HP websites ? Specially the ones below ...

Based on the specs, you need to have 2:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52180.exe
AMD

and
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49501-50000/sp49551.exe
Intel

Is there any chance you reinstall Windows 7 completely with official ISO files taken from Microsoft servers ?

Do you have a COA sticker attached to the bottom of your PC ? Is it readable ?  What is your Windows 7 version/edition ?

HP Recommended

I'm installed win 7 home premium x64 and drivers which you gave me . still same
s.PNG

HP Recommended

I would recommend you completely reinstall Windows 7 on this PC

• Use this Heidoc tool from here to download the Win 7 Home Premium OEM ISO
  • Use Rufus to create bootable USB pendrive to boot from it
  • Save your data on an external drive
  • When ready with the ISO file and Rufus, you need to boot from the bootable image and follow the steps
  • Eventually, reinstall the drivers taken from the HP website (note that you may downloaded them prior to the restoration)

For details, check the attached PDF instructions below

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.