Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7EF28AV

i'm unable to open the hidden 'advanced bios' option

attempted to use HP support and was unable to retrieve that information, have anyone on this forum been able to get into it?

My BIOS is 'Insyde f.56' if I'm not mistaken

thanks,

haffa

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@haffapappa 

Your Product Number comes back as the following consumer grade system:

HP Notebook - 17t-by200 CTO 

BIOS options that are not visible in your BIOS, for example, the Advanced section available on business class computers, are not accessible on a consumer grade computer.

This restriction is by design. 

There is no method to "get there from here".

HP Note

BIOS configurations vary depending on the computer. For further information on a specific computer, refer to the documentation provided with the computer or go to the appropriate document for your PC.

Consumer Class Desktops and Notebooks – BIOS Setup

Commercial / Business Class Computers – BIOS Setup

HP PC Commercial BIOS (UEFI) Setup - Administration Guide

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Notebook - 17t-by200 CTO 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That's fine that the restriction is by design, but I've spent 3 days talking to a bunch of HP support and just kept getting transferred because they didn't want to give out.

How weird is that? At first I was told that such thing did not exits by HP support, so I gave him combinations of previous HP laptops we've had. And he admitted that it existed.
From then on it was just a run around...

They want to restrict (limit) it, I'm OK with it.

I am NOT OK with being told I can't use that function on a product that I purchased it an own... I'm an "advanced user" (don't really like that term.. but i've been doing this for close to 30 years...

things like this need a pretty clear disclaimer when purchasing (and not in the fine print)

probably returning it...

HP Recommended

@haffapappa 

Understood.

Most people don't like the answer, in fact - we are rarely thanked for telling someone "No".  Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.