Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4-1052TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a problem with windows activation. i have original product  keys which came with my laptop.right now i couldn't active my windows with that product key. infact i wanted to re install by downloading iso file from microsoft website.But when i put my product key to verify the error message shown as this ''The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options."

And  the windows activation error are shown like this"The product key you have entered will not work with this edition of windows 7. You must either run windows 7 setup or enter a windows 7 ultimate product key"
after this i did realize that my product key with this version of windows is not suitabale.
but the question is how come i get windows 7 iso file for reinstall my windows because there are lots of website providing the iso. i attached my product key sticker so that you guys can help me with this. i am lil bit confused about this.
please help me outWeChat Image_20210324033211.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

WeChat Image_20210324033211.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

What you have there is a W7 Pro OA SEA product key.  SEA means that it is a special key for use in Southeast Asia countries, so I don't know if you can use a regular W7 Pro ISO file or not.

Anyway, I am giving you the link to the W7 Pro 64 bit English (US) ISO file.  It is the only one I have access to.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/3/06365375-C346-4D65-87C7-EE41F55F736B/7601.24214.180801...

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

You can see if it will work with your notebook's key.  You may need to use the automated Windows phone activation system to activate the installation.

This is the updated ISO file from 2018, so the file is larger than the usual 3.09 GB, and will not fit on a standard DVD. 

You will need either a dual layer DVD or USB flash drive to make the bootable installation media.

I have zipped up and attached below the Microsoft tool you will need to transfer the file to a dual layer DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use a different utility for this purpose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.