Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After recent updates of Windows and the Nwidia driver, there was a problem - the system freezes or a dark screen appears.

VIDEO_SHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Windows 10   Home 1903    18362.145

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yaroslav-Turina
If its a hardware related issue with the computer considers replacing the faulty parts or even better going for a new computer will be a great upgrade, contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community..

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for understanding

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

After recent updates of Windows and the Nwidia driver, there was a problem - the system freezes or a dark screen appears.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Yaroslav-Turina

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What happens when you start your computer?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop?
  • Do you see any error message or code?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn't solve issue

HP Recommended

@Yaroslav-Turina
If you can get into safe mode you could try a system restore. It shows you how to do that in Advanced options with Startup Settings selected in that document. You could restore the computer to before you had the issue.
Here is a link to entering safe mode.
Hope this helps!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried system restore but I don't have point of Windows 1803 when Windows 10 run without problems. 

HP www-site doesn't have driver Nwidia for Windows 1903. 

HP Recommended

@Yaroslav-Turina
We can try performing system factory default to check whether NVIDIA issue is taken care.
Before you start the system recovery and back up all personal files. Click here to perform a System Recovery.
If this fails to fix the issue, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried system recovery to roll back to system factory default (to Windows 8.1). Problem is steal here. I think tere is a problem with NVIDIA chip. It needs replace NVIDIA chip or motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.