Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp-2000 2b29wm notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

An unidentified party (or my own security system perhaps?) flashed on a screen that said "there is a problem with your computer, so we will restart it for you."  Then, my laptop did restart, and came back normally, but without any permission from me.  

Because I joined this HP Support website yesterday, I wondered if it might be from you people (I have not joined any of your support programs that cost any fees).  Or perhaps my own computer's security program did it (Windows Defender or Windows Security Essentials)..  Or somebody else.  There was no "Microsoft" identification on the message.  There was very tiny print I tried to read at the bottom of this full-screen flash window, but was unable read any of it before they restarted my computer.

Can you advise me what this could have been?

Thanks,

Janie100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This one  :

your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-needs-to-restart.png

This is a Microsoft Windows operating system automatic warning message mostly due to failed Windows update, system file corruption etc. 

It is perfectly normal to see this message nowadays with Microsoft pushing regular feature upgrades and updates, that may break some system files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This one  :

your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-needs-to-restart.png

This is a Microsoft Windows operating system automatic warning message mostly due to failed Windows update, system file corruption etc. 

It is perfectly normal to see this message nowadays with Microsoft pushing regular feature upgrades and updates, that may break some system files.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate you and the others and this site for giving me several answers I have needed.

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Have a great week ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.