cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Apparently Unplugged Audio Jack

HP Recommended
15-au172TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi !  

>I have plugged in my ear phones but its showing unplugged.Sometimes it works other times it does not.

>My speakers are working

>Moreover my laptop automatically starts to say "plugged in"  "unplugged" pluggedin" "unplugged" even when i have not plugged in.

>Moreover; at times show as if there is no audio earphones driver

>I have looked into some possible solutions similar to this and tried many ways like "changing settings in Device manger from realtek to High defination" and when i do it earphones start to work but they fail when i restart with the same settings of High Defination"

>Is it a hardware or a software issue ?

>What do you reccomend?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
226 223 21 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @94MAR,

Would request you to update the driver on the unit, Like Audio and BIOS.

Below is the link for the same :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/12499208/model/13402917/driver...

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your query to HP forum. I will try my best to help you.

Your problem sounds like the sound driver is not comparable with window 10. Try upgrading to latest driver.

After that  disable front panel jack detection from your driver software by following below instruction.

1. Open Realtek HD Audio Manager.
2. Click the small folder icon in upper right corner.

3. Tick the box next to “Disable front panel jack detection“.

4. Click OK button.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation