nMaib0
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

BIOS Corruption has been detected Loop

HP Recommended
hp 17-ca1000ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My friend, who is 70 years old and is not experienced in computers got automatic updates pushed by Microsoft with the BIOS and this bricked his computer. Now the BIOS is corrupt and it won't even let me update the bios with a recovery USB, it's just bootlooping showing this message https://imgur.com/2DJKOQN

Why is HP allowing microsoft to push something like a BIOS through Windows update? do yo not know that people want to turn off their computers when they tell it to turn off??? this is infuriating.

And now I can't even remove the battery and press power because it's one of those laptops that is really hard to get to the battery which is not removable.

2 REPLIES 2
Edy_Flores24
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I hope you find a solution soon so I can try it on my pc. xd

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
nMaib0
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Edy, are you from Spain? I think this updated will break many laptops, honestly, what are they thinking?!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation