Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-BL012DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see that there is a new BIOS dated Dec 28, 2020 available on the downloads page for the Spectre x360 15-BL012DX laptop computer. However, when that package is download and run, it indicates that the BIOS is not compatible with my laptop.

More Info:

Current BIOS on my laptop: F.42

New BIOS: F.43

File name of the new BIOS: SP111955.EXE

Image1.jpg

Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi@HannesS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We reviewed your post and I understand that the BIOS not updating 

Let's try these steps 

Re-flash the BIOS F.42 and then try to update the latest version f.43( MAKE SURE CHARGER NEEDS TO CONNECTED TO NOTEBOOK  )

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion but that did not help.

Note that the F.42 BIOS (the version I am currently on) did reapply successfully, but F.43 still stubbornly refuses to install stating that it is not for my model notebook.

HP Recommended

@HannesS,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Let me ask a couple of follow up questions if I may:

Since we know that the F.42 BIOS can be installed successfully, what difference would there be in applying F.43? It should be the same installer, correct? The fact that I can install F.42 tells me that the notebook is capable of applying a BIOS update successfully and the message being displayed is rather specific in that it indicates that this BIOS release is not for my model of computer.

I also notice that the HP support assistant does not indicate that any BIOS update is available for my system. As a result, I have to wonder: Is HP Support SURE that this BIOS is really for this model notebook or is it possible that an incorrect BIOS got posted for this notebook?

HP Recommended

@HannesS,

Please I request You to Wait for the solution. I need to check with the Back end Team.

I Will Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks. That is very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@HannesS, Welcome I need some information 

HP Recommended

I can confirm that I'm having same issue on same model.  Will wait on resolution on F.43.

My Specs: 

HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx

BIOS F42 6/22/2020

HP Recommended

What information do you require?

BTW, did you note that another user is reporting the same issue now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.