Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n225TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I found a bios update available for my laptop under Windows 8.1 category. Now my laptop is running Windows 10 and there is no update shown under W10.

Can i use the above installer for updating bios?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

nidhinradh

You didn't say WHERE you found the BIOS update -- and that is really important!

If you found it on the HP site then no, you will not be ably to apply it because the HP BIOS updates are OS-version-specific.  IF it was written for Win8, then it will check the OS version and if that is not Win8, it will error out.

If you found it outside the HP site, then do NOT run it -- as the HP BIOSs for laptops are customized versions and files you find elsewhere will not work on the HP laptops.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

nidhinradh

You didn't say WHERE you found the BIOS update -- and that is really important!

If you found it on the HP site then no, you will not be ably to apply it because the HP BIOS updates are OS-version-specific.  IF it was written for Win8, then it will check the OS version and if that is not Win8, it will error out.

If you found it outside the HP site, then do NOT run it -- as the HP BIOSs for laptops are customized versions and files you find elsewhere will not work on the HP laptops.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.