Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 21H2 is available , but won't complete due to error code 0xc1900223.    According to Microsoft Support I have "corrupted system32 and an outdated BIOS at the same time".   They told me to  get latest BIOS update from HP.  I do not know how to get the latest BIOS update from HP.  When you run the systems checks, it says everything is up to date, which is obviously not true!

How do I get out of this rabbit's hole?  My warranty is expired and phone help wants money.   Where is BIOS update, please?!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @SV00 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information about the computer. This is not sensitive data.

It is allowed to publish it in public.

or

press [windows key] + r

( run command )

msinfo32

copy / paste the System SKU value and BIOS Version/Date value

msinfo32msinfo32

HP Recommended

HP Laptop `5-bs1xx---I that what you are looking for?

Thanks

HP Recommended

System SKU 6BS61UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hello @SV00 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

Try ...

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.68 Rev.A35.8 MBAug 27, 2021Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update. 

"

(2Reboot

(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !

(4) Install/Update

HP Consumer Desktop / Notebook PC ME Firmware Update

2020.1.0629 Rev.A33.8 MBJun 29, 2020Download

(5Reboot

(6) ! ! ! Repair your corrupted windows system ! ! !

(6-1) Open cmd.exe as (right click as) administrator and execute:

sfc  /scannow

(6-2) Reboot 

(6-3) Open cmd.exe as (right click as) administrator and execute:

msdt.exe /id WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

(7) Reboot and try to update windows

(8Please report your results

HP Recommended

I replied to your emails days ago that were sent to my inbox.  However, since appears no one read them, I will repeat.

I am not computer savvy, but I got the BIOS update okay, but it took me many hours to complete the rest, which eventually I was able to do.   I still could not get  Windows 21H2 update.  I still get the same error code.  

It is impossible, evidently,  I will not be purchasing HP in the future.  Thanks anyway---this laptop is JUNK.

HP Recommended

Hello @SV00 

This update error is Microsoft (operating system) related, has nothing to do with HP !

... Last chance ...

=> Please reinstall windows 10 <=

Your notebook model supports HP Cloud Recovery.

Please follow the instructions ...

(1) Backup <all> personal data (documents/pictures/videos etc...) to external USB hard drive

(2) Do HP Cloud Recovery yourself or ask someone that has good hands with computers to help you.

You need to prepare <USB flash drive>

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 10

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

( All HP software and drivers are included )

(3) Test your computer

(4Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.