Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8560W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

Can somebody help me figure out how to update my BIOS? I am currently in the possession of an HP EliteBook 8560W, Windows 10 64 bit, purchased in 2011. According to my system information, the current BIOS is Ver. F.60, installed on 12/03/2015. When i want to update my system, it only provides BIOS updates from August '14. Is it possible to update it to a newer version and if so, how is it possible?

Regards,

Nfranssen

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC is not supported by HP for W10, since it was manufactured prior to August of 2013.

The latest BIOS update can be found under the W7 driver page (F.63), Oct 27, 2016

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8560w-mobile-workstation/5071171

I would not recommend using the windows based flash method to update the BIOS since it was written to be run in W7.

However, there are instructions to make a bootable USB flash drive and update the BIOS that way, so that you don't even need to be in Windows.

The first question you need to ask yourself is why do you want to update the BIOS?

It is not going to make your PC run any better on W10.

I don't see anything pressing in the last 2 releases after yours, that I would risk ruining my PC for.

This is what the BIOS update will do...

F.63 - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

F,61 (included in F.63)  Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after installing this updated BIOS, older versions cannot be reinstalled.

HP Recommended

Hi Nfranssen,

I can confirm that you can download latest bios update F.63 Rev.A from okt.27 2016 and install it without 

any problem in Windows 10 because I just did it for two laptops.

I changed compatibility settings in properties to Windows 7 and and installed as administrator.Just make sure 

you also have a battery installed and connected power supply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.