Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-ck0007la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a few months now, a notice to update BIOS has appeared, but it is not important.
Everything was normal on my PC until a few days ago Windows started to update automatically and then when I started my computer again and tried to log in, the computer failed to log in and the BIOS started to update automatically. I thought that would be the solution to the strange problem but when the BIOS update reached 100% a text would appear saying that the BIOS update failed and the computer would restart to try to update the BIOS and again to fail again. It is an endless cycle in which I cannot even enter Windows.

I have not found a solution for the problem and I am trying to find a solution here since on the support page I did not find anything to help me.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

BIOS updates don't run automatically unlike Windows 10 updates.

HP Recommended

Hola, sinceramente no recuerdo haber aceptado la actualización de BIOS pero si fue así se supone que se debió haber restaurado de manera normal pero como dije ne mi post anterior, es un ciclo sin fin. En cuanto acaba la actualización esta falla y se reinicia.

HP Recommended

Can you enter the recovery environment? If so, then click Continue, then try logging on. If not, plug the AC adapter in and let the BIOS update. If so, then update your BIOS to AMI F.17-04/13/2020.`That usually fixes problems for me, and I get a LOT of problems. If you can't, then plug in the AC adapter and do not turn off or interrupt your PC.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

@ieee488 wrote:

BIOS updates don't run automatically unlike Windows 10 updates.

Nope, they do if they are important. I installed the earlier update and it automatically started. However, you can deny the update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.