Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnxiousRin
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

BIOS update may be frozen? What should I do??

HP Recommended
HP Elite x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my mom lend my computer and started it, it asked for bios update, I didn't get there in time and update automatically started. That wouldn't be a problem if the bios update went smoothly but after it told me that the last step will start it shows the logo like when it boots up except its been stuck there for 3 hours by now and idk what to do or whether or not it's normal (my first time doing a bios update, usually avoided bios updates cuz I was scared of my computer getting ruined if something goes wrong) 

3 REPLIES 3
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 700
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
AnxiousRin
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First off: thank you very much 💕

The first one doesn't touch my problem and the other ones idk if those would be possible as I use a wireless USB keyboard? It's a laptop btw

0 Kudos
AnxiousRin
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I've tried this and it worked https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bios-Update-Froze/td-p/6531939

At first I was hesitant as mine froze at a much later stage during the bios update but it did work and I'm so happy it did

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation