Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15z-gw000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have received a message my BIOS is out dated and needs to be updated from HP but they no longer support a BIOS update for this 8 month old laptop I bought direct from them. HP also warns to only update the BIOS directly from HP. HP doesn't offer an update but tells me I must have an update and for 2  weeks I have tried to find solutions from Microsoft and HP and AMD etc... with absolutely no luck or support of any kind. This laptop is virtually useless now at 8 months old I cannot upload videos and have lots of trouble downloading videos which until the BIOS became outdated was no problem. HP Support Assistant (preinstalled from HP) tells me no issues on all system checks. McAfee says no issues yet I do have issues and do not understand why HP would no longer support an 8 month old current windows 10 home 21H1 version nor offer any help in fixing these issues? Is there anyone that can help me figure out what to do or should I throw this HP in the garbage and buy from a company that hopefully wont do this to a customer? I've been a faithful HP customer for 10 years and this was my 4th new HP laptop and I'm just about ready to file for a divorce this is beyond ridiculous. Forgive me if I seem irritated because you have no idea and I cant say here what I really want to say. Thanks to anyone with moral decency and enough honor and integrity to help someone in need. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello.
What I don't understand is when you say the equipment is unusable, why is it?

The bios update can be performed from the device manager.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.