Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen-15 dc1050nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to all. I had a problem with my Hp Omen-15, of which I would like to understand the origin.
Suddenly a Windows BSOD screen, resulting in a continuous reboot of the device and bsod screen. Maybe caused by the recent windows update that the pc was doing? Taking a full hardware test, there were no hardware problems.
No kind of reset allowed me to fix the problem.
Finally, I tried a clean install of Windows. The problem persisted even after this, at some point the PC booted up.
Among the tests I did, disconnect and reconnect the various devices, including the power supply, but I can't identify which one was decisive. I also feared it might be a problem with the SSD. At the moment the pc works regularly.
What could have been the cause, since after a clean install the problem continued for a few more reboots? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@mark988 I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message,

I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
  • In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
  • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
  • Restart the computer to apply the change.
  • The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.

For more details: click here

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think the error was CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED .

HP Recommended

1)I had another problem today. I simply had to take and use the computer elsewhere. When I brought it back to the usual place, the error "operating system not found" came out at startup. After unplugging and reconnecting everything, it went off.

2)I would also like to ask, if from the software download center for my model, how can I understand if it is better to download and install all the drivers present, or if windows has already installed the most updated ones automatically?

HP Recommended

@mark988 

Perfect! I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

I recommend you download and install the drivers from the HP website as these are the best drivers for your computer.

Below is the link to download all the drivers for your computer.

https://support.hp.com/id-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-dc1000-laptop-pc-series/26122182/mode...

In case if you face the same issue in the future, I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine on the computer.

Refer to the below link for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1)I don't think the problem is solved, as it reoccurred simply by moving the computer for a while.
2)By installing the drivers from the link dedicated to my notebook, once the installers have been downloaded, once started they do not give any graphic feedback, is this normal?

HP Recommended

@mark988 

Did you do a system restore on the computer?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I said .. no type of recovery worked, I had to do a clean install of windows 10. But even after this, the problem returned, and then disappeared suddenly. Then I got another notice again, the one in which it tells me that the s.o. it had not been found. At the moment, the pc works, but I would like to understand if it could be a hardware problem and then the problem recurs. I still have the guarantee and in case I would like to take advantage of it.

HP Recommended

@mark988 

It doesn't look like a hardware issue. However, to be sure, I recommend you run a system test following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-22 at 16.10.56.jpeg

Boot Device Not Found.

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

for more information, please visit...

Hello, today I had this error screen when turning on the PC. The problem has happened to me already another time and it would seem to happen when I transport the PC to another place. In fact, at the moment I use it mainly at home and this type of problem appears when I turn the PC back on after having transported it somewhere else.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.