Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-dq1039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, how are you?

Since i got my laptop i have been experiencing some random BSOD every some time. No commom behavior, sometimes freezes while i'm on my internet browser, sometimes with the laptop not doing "anything".

The BSOD error is INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and the dump progress stuck at 0% so no memory dump is provided for analisys.

Any means so fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best Regards

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@canche_x

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does the Computer get into Windows?

If yes, I suggest the below steps: 

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.   

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly, about once every second. Choose Language   

3. In Windows RE (Recovery environment), click Troubleshoot.   

4. Click Advanced options.   

5. Click Startup Settings and Click Restart button.  

6. You can press 4 number key to enter Safe Mode (Enable safe mode)   

7. After you enter Safe Mode, follow steps below to uninstall the problematic drivers.   

8. Press Win + R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.   

9. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.   

10. Expand the category and find the devices with yellow sign.   

11. Right click on the problem device and Click Uninstall.  

12. After uninstalling the drivers, restart Windows.  

If no, let's run a test:

Ensure that the computer is powered OFF completely. 

* The moment you power ON the computer, keep tapping the "F2" button on the keyboard till you get the System Diagnostics(or HP PC Hardware Diagnostics)
* select the Components Test --> Hard drive check --> Extensive Test(once)
Please send me a clear picture of the test result page.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Betty0610, thanks a lot for your reply.

i don't see any drivers errors or devices with yellow sign so i will proceed with the Extensive Test(once) on the hard drive.

Will post the result here as soon as i can.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Sure, keep us posted 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Betty0610, how are you?

Experience again the BSOD during a interview call 😮 this is a very random behavior. 

Excecuted the tests on both disks detected, no issues on the hard drive.

SSD_Extensive_Test.jpegNVMe_disks.jpeg

Best Regards

HP Recommended

BSOD during an interview call, that could have been frustrating, keeping that in mind, the only other way to fix this is by performing a recovery to reset the windows OS to defaults, since the h/w tests have passed.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried that and mines doesn't work

HP Recommended

@Roman19

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

What is the issue you're facing? Which unit do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well my computer cannot reboot and will not past the two screens as I added. I have tried everything but nothing happened. I power off and on numerous times to only go back to those blue screens. I am lost as I do not know what else to do. 

BFD56868-E72E-4EC6-BCA5-3CE76AACDD62.jpeg

A37603E5-D8C0-41F2-9E34-8EFAD084CB74.jpeg

HP Recommended

Let's try a system recovery: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Also, let us know the model name/number of your laptop.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.