Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-1B60US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion G6-1B60US that was given to me.  I have added memory to 8GB and upgraded the OS to Windows 10.  A previous post documents my struggle with the RALINK wireless adapter.  Everything is working with one exception.

I get a BSOD with a stop code indicating that a Critical Process Died.  The screen says that 0% complete.

So I have these questions:

1. Can someone help me fix the BSOD error following resume?
  2. How do I get the system to dump so I can diagnose the problem further?
  3. Is this a known issue with this hardware and software combination?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These are important question that I'd like to better understand.  However, I will not pursue them at this time because I've gotten my system to work.

I was able to install bios level F.46.  This replaced the F.49 bios that was on my system.  I found the F.46 bios here:

HP Pavilion g6-1c40ca Notebook PC Windows 7 (64-bit) drivers | HP Notebook Drivers

My system is now running Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed.  It sleeps when I close the cover and resumes when I open it.  All is well with the world.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

These are important question that I'd like to better understand.  However, I will not pursue them at this time because I've gotten my system to work.

I was able to install bios level F.46.  This replaced the F.49 bios that was on my system.  I found the F.46 bios here:

HP Pavilion g6-1c40ca Notebook PC Windows 7 (64-bit) drivers | HP Notebook Drivers

My system is now running Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed.  It sleeps when I close the cover and resumes when I open it.  All is well with the world.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.