Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Bw15-048nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Bw15-048nt, I don't know why but when the battery level is around %40 it shuts itself down. After it shuts down i plug it into charge and when it's started the charge level starts from %40 percent and not from %1 or something. 

I tried to calibrate but as I said it starts from %40 percent even fully discharged. It's a 2 year battery, I know it's normal that it ends quickly but it's not normal that it's stuck at %35-40 percent. 

The things I've done recently:

I updated it to Windows 10 1909

I updated BIOS into F51, I think this might be related, can you please help me to downgrade it to the previous version.

After I did these changes, I also noticed that it started to charge irregularly, I mean It stops charging from time to time. I removed battery and run it with adapter, it works without a problem.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called HP Customer Service in my region, today. They said that when BIOS is updated, it re-detects the hardware and since my battery is depleted about %40, the way the system perceives battery causes that problem. They will change the battery in terms of warranty. Hope it will solve the problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you have a HP Notebook – 15-bw048nt

Please, try a UEFI Hardware Diagnostic. Therefor power your notebook on and press immediatly the ESC Key several times to start the HP Start Menue. With the F2 Key you can begin the Diagnostics program.  There is a battery test. If you got an error code, write it here in reply. 

Uli

*** If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks ***
*** Please mark
Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem ***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP!
HP Recommended

Hi, 

On UEFI Hardware Diagnoistics screen there are only Memory Test, Hard Drive Test, Language and Exit and no Battery Test.

Therefore I did run HP Pc Hardware Diagnoistics on Windows with AC Adapter plugged in. It says the battery PASSED the test.

HP Recommended

I see, that you have only the preinstalled Basic Test program of the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics on your notebook. 
Please, install the Update HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 7.4.0.0  and run the test again afterwards. 

Uli

*** Please mark
HP Recommended

@Uli_vom_Karmel wrote:

I see, that you have only the preinstalled Basic Test program of the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics on your notebook. 
Please, install the Update HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 7.4.0.0  and run the test again afterwards. 

Uli

I installed HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 7.4.0.0 and did run all the battery tests and all the results are passed.

HP Recommended

If you want to revert your notebook’s BIOS, you can try to install a previous version using an USB thumb drive.

HP Consumer Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS ->Update the BIOS manually from a USB Flash drive

You can download the BIOS here: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors) F.40 Rev.A  

Uli

*** Please mark
HP Recommended

@Uli_vom_Karmel wrote:

If you want to revert your notebook’s BIOS, you can try to install a previous version using an USB thumb drive.

HP Consumer Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS ->Update the BIOS manually from a USB Flash drive

You can download the BIOS here: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors) F.40 Rev.A  

Uli

First of all thank you a lot for your answers, 

But it says when i try to install,  "The System BIOS rollback failed. Unable to open BIOS Signature file."

HP Recommended

Hello,

maybe a HP Support Agent should take a look at this.

Uli

*** Please mark
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

I called HP Customer Service in my region, today. They said that when BIOS is updated, it re-detects the hardware and since my battery is depleted about %40, the way the system perceives battery causes that problem. They will change the battery in terms of warranty. Hope it will solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.