Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a Spectre x360 convertible 15 and noticed an issue with the battery percentage when i hover over the battery icon in the taskbar. After uplugging the charger when it's fully charged the percentage doesn't drop and stays at 100%. I thought WOW! this has got some good battery life! I then restarted for something and when it came back on the battery percentage said around 93%. So, the battery has been discharging but it's not being reflected in the numeric percentage. It's happened twice now 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @tbdave09,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the battery keeps discharging without reflecting the numeric percentage on your HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PC.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you listed below: 

1. Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

2. Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

3. Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 

4. Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

I would also suggest that you update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

-I updated my HP support assistant and let it run its scan 

-Updated the BIOS firmware to the version it suggested (F.10) along with other drivers such as graphics and audio

-Let the battery drain down to almost 10%

-Turned it completely off for at least 30 minutes

-Rebooted

-Uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver

-Rebooted

-Checked the device manager again and saw it reinstalled itself

-Plugged in charger and let it charge to 100%

-Unplugged and did some normal functions for about 20 minutes: Web surfing, Youtube, etc

-Percentage stayed at 100% and never decreased

-Rebooted

-Battery percentage still said 100%

-about 2 minutes later percentage jumped immediately to 93% and is continually decreasing 

Still seems to be unstable

HP Recommended

@tbdave09

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your post and I recommend you try with an alternate battery (if available),

If not, run a battery test using the HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool: Click here for details.

Please get back to us with the results,

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Was there ever any resolution to this issue?? I just bought the exact same laptop today and I am having the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a 2019 HP Spectre x360 15" OLED and have had it for two weeks now. I would say I've cycled the battery about 3 times so far but I too experience the same exact issue. The battery indicator in Windows 10 will show 100% for a good amount of time and then suddenly drop to 93% and then slowly drop a single percent at a time. It seems like there is a large voltage drop between 100% and when the HP battery status (from BIOS more than likely) begins to register. It's not a deal breaker by any means but it is interesting that after 2+ years HP still hasn't resolved the issue 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.