Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Laptop not charging and led light not glowing .
  • Your hp service team told that update bios and after updating bios and perforinpe different test ,the hp service team didn't solve the battery issue.
  • I have case I'd and they automatically closed without any call to me .
  • I thought HP provide good service but your team didn't provide any better service.That is I  m writing my laptop problem here ,so kindly do some solution
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Manpreet98

Did you try using a different charger?

Let's perform the below steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter (If the battery is removable)

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:

1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]

Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace

2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site

3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook 

Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board

How to improve the life of a Battery:

1. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life

2. Please keep the Screen Brightness at a lower level

3. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use

4. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04700771

If the issue persists, update the BIOS using the below link:

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.