Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP - 15ce001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new laptop, not charging correctly. Reaches about 80% and stops but still says its charging. Have tried all recommended methods for troubleshooting the issue on the HP support forums including uninstalling the driver. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and look for Component tests.Under Power category you should be able to test battery.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I want titmake sure we are on the same page as far as what's been done.  Have you performed the battery calibration test from boot (restarting and continually pressing f2)

HP Recommended

I did this and it tells me the charge capacity of my battery is 86%. Is there anything I can do about this or am I going to need a new battery? 

HP Recommended

The battery calibration and driver reinstall Should have fixed it, but i don't know if there is a setting i am missing.  I'll look, but if I were you idI call support and tell them everything you've done just in case.

HP Recommended

You should have HP Support Assistant installed on your Omen. Open it, click on Support at top and it will give you Omen Support chat and/or phone number.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.