04-07-2017 03:20 AM
Since just after the warranty ran out my laptop has been unable to charge properly, instead saying plugged in, not charging. I used to be able to fix this if i took out the battery, restarted and replaced it, then it would work properly for maybe a day or two then would happen again. I did a bios update which fixed it for about a week but then it went straight back to plugged in not charging. I've tried taking the battery out and doing another bios update, however neither have worked. Is there any way to fix this without having to buy a new battery?
04-07-2017 05:39 AM
Have you run a diagnostic on the battery? Tap F2 as you power up to get into UEFI diagnostics and look for the battery test. However, it is probably that you need a new battery.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)