Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 convertible 15-cn0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I have bought my HP Envy laptop about 7 months ago.  However, nowadays I'm quite unhappy with it because of the following:

1. Battery life: The battery only lasts after been fully charged about 4 hours without being at the AC. To be honest, I don't even use my laptop word graphic work and 90% of the time, the laptop is on saving mode with the least CPU power. On the laptop, I use mostly internet browsing or Microsoft word stuff for my school work.  HP promised in the advertisements of this particular model a duration of 10+ hours. 

2. Very loud  (cooling) fan noise, even when in idle time! This is only resolvable after rebooting the PC

3. Battery drain when in standby mode. The battery is dead after 3 days in standby mode.

Point 2 might be related to point 1 and 3 as that probably makes sense. In case to solve this, I have downloaded the newest BIOS update via windows update. However, the problem only got worse! 

Do you guys have any idea how to solve this? (I do not have that much of laptop knowledge)

Thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
  • Dim the screen. By far the biggest power drain on most laptops is the screen. ...
  • Change the power settings. ...
  • Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. ...
  • Don't leave your laptop on permanent charge. ...
  • Disconnect remove unnecessary peripherals. ...
  • Get a second battery. ...
  • Buy a new battery.
Pankaj grover is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious! Owner at - indianhomeappliances.in
HP Recommended

I assume that there's a lot of sarcasm in your post Pankaj0007... Because I haven't bought HP to use my laptop with low(er) brightness,  non-functioning WiFi nor Bluetooth and the usage of extra batteries (whereas mine is build-in the laptop). I was hoping that this issue can be resolved permanently or significantly reduced by using other software. As I said before, I am not a programmer nor using my laptop for other high-energy demanding purposes. Therefore, my HP must be able to be properly used. If not, it is just a no-sense buy. The forum admin came however with some useful tips which I followed up. I will let you guys know if these have made some impact. 

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Pleas did you find a solution? I have The same problem 

HP Recommended

Hey Lima, 

No, the problems are still occurring. I'm very disappointed by HP and their (not) helping advise. I've tried kind of all I could think of such as the installation of new drivers, older/New BIOS and even cleaning the vent lol.

Could you maybe describe your problems more precisely so that we both can ask HP what we should do next? 

Kind Regards,

Jur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.